I hope everyone had a very Happy New Year. Hard to believe 2008 is gone. Where does time go? Troy and I did not do to much to bring in the new year. We had some friends to our house. We played games and did a lot of laughing!
New Year's Day we went to the Camanche Bowling alley to a Hawkeye Tailgating party. That was lots of fun. We watched the game on the big screen with lots of friends. My brother did get to travel to Florida with the team. My mom and dad also went. They had seats in the first row! We did see Mark Jr on t.v. a couple of times as well as mom and dad. I was quite jealous I wasn't there!
I just finished decorating Claire's bedroom today. Troy and I painted it a brown color (it is called buffalo). I like it a lot. I accented her room with lots of pinks and purples. She kinda has the princess theme going. I feel bad she had to wait a year to finally get her bedroom to where it is now. I guess it is a good thing she will never know!! I will try and post some pictures soon!
We had some sad news happen this last week. A high school friend of Troy's lost his 3 month old son. Andy and Tracia Andersen from Delmar lost their baby boy, Dylan last Thursday afternoon. We will be going to the wake and funeral this week. My heart aches for both of them. I can't even begin to imagine. We are still waiting to hear the exact cause of death.
On a happier note,I am excitedly waiting for the arrival of my niece. My sister, Danielle is due January 29th. She is on the count down and can't wait. Clayton and Claire can't wait to meet their new baby cousin. I think Claire will be happy to have a little playmate!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Clayton Troy
1 comment:
So sad to hear of your friend's tragic loss. It hurts to even imagine their pain. On a happier note, belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both Clayton and Claire. I have given up on getting cards out (kudos to Great Grandma Miller for her loving effort to do so). But remember that you all are loved alot. Thanks for keeping us updated on your blog. Aunt Sharie
Post a Comment